The Japanese Slipper cocktail is a light fruity cocktail made from a mix of melon liqueur (Midori) orange liqueur (Cointreau) and some lemon juice. Midori is a bright green Japanese watermelon liqueur and is considered the main ingredient in the cocktail. This is likely the reason why the drink was called Japanese Slipper, even though it was invented in one of the restaurants in Australia.
- Cocktail glass
- 30 ml Midori melon liqueur
- 30 ml Cointreau orange liqueur
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 1 maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Pour Midori and Cointreau liqueurs and lemon juice. Shake well until chilled.
- Strain the liquid into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry dropped to the bottom of the glass.