- Highball glass
- 50 ml dark/brown rum
- 25 ml sugar syrup
- 7 mint leaves
- 1 mint sprig
- 2 wedges of lime
- soda water
- crushed ice
- Clap the mint leaves together in the palm of your hand and place in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Chop the lime wedges into small pieces and place over the mint.
- Pour the sugar syrup into the glass.
- Stir together gently, to release the lime juice.
- Fill the glass until it's ¾ full of crushed ice.
- Pour in the two shots of dark/brown rum, then add the soda water to the top of the glass.
- Stir everything together well and garnish with the mint sprig.
Is mojito alcoholic?
Yes, mojito drink is alcoholic as it contains rum. We also have a recipe that adds pomegranate juice to make a delicious pomegranate mojito.
Is it mojito or mohito? What’s the correct spelling?
Mojito is spelled with a “j” as it is a Spanish word, where [j] makes [h] sound.
Is there vodka in a mojito?
Yes, but only if you prepare it with vodka instead of rum. Traditionally they are made with rum but some people prefer it with vodka.
Is a mojito a mocktail or a cocktail?
Mojito is a cocktail as it includes alcohol. Mocktails are non-alcoholic drinks.
Is a mojito Mexican?
No, the recipe is said to have originated on the territory of Cuba as a medicinal drink.