- Lowball glass
- 50 ml whiskey (Such as Jim Beam Double Oak)
- 25 ml lemon juice
- 25 ml gomme syrup
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 egg
- 1 orance slice
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Add gomme syrup and lemon juice to a Boston shaker.
- Add the whiskey, 2 dashes of angostura bitters and egg white.
- Shake over ice.
- Pour over cubed ice and garnish with the cherry and orange slice.
What makes a Whiskey Sour cocktail sour?
Sours are traditionally mixed drinks that comprise a liqueur, lemon or lime juice and a sweetener such as simple syrup.