The Zombie cocktail gets it's name from its high alchohol content, – it contains three types of rum, triple sec, all complimented by a mixture of fruit juices. The Zombie cocktail first appeared in late 1934, invented by Donn Beach (formerly Ernest Raymond Beaumont-Gannt) of Hollywood's Don the Beachcomber restaurant, and the customer it was designed for complained he felt like a zombie after consuming it!
- Highball glass
- 25 ml dark rum
- 25 ml white rum
- 25 ml golden rum
- 25 ml triple sec
- 25 ml lime juice
- 25 ml orange juice
- 25 ml guava juice
- 12.5 ml sugar syrup
- crushed ice
- 12.5 ml grenadine
- Pour a handful of crushed ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Then pour in the dark rum, white rum, golden rum, triple sec, fruit juices, and sugar syrup.
- Vigorously shake all of the ingredients in the cocktail shaker.
- Top up with a little grenadine.
- Pour without straining into a long glass.