- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozarella or cheddar (finely shredded)
- Whisk the eggs.
- Add in the cheese. Whisk together.
- Place the batter in a waffle maker for 3 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Remove from the waffle maker. Serve with your favourite toppings.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Why is it called a chaffle?
We love the name, but a member of the keto community put cheese + waffle together and the words combined (a portmanteu to use the correct term) to make waffle.
Cheese + waffle = Chaffle.
Are chaffles healthy?
Whilst low in carbohydrate, a chaffle is high in salt (sodium), fat and calories.