A light and zesty salad, packed with healthy ingredients, and perfect for long lazy lunches or packed away for a summer picnic.This recipe was sent to Kitchen Geekery by Bill's Restaurants.
- 12 whole radishes (cut into quarters)
- 3 red peppers (sliced into strips)
- 2 courgettes (sliced into strips)
- 2 avocados (sliced)
- 480 g chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 300 g quinoa (cooked)
- 180 g kale leaves
- 120 g red onion
- 120 g red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- pinch salt & pepper
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- pinch of sesame seeds
- pinch of flaked almonds
for the almond and ginger dressing
- 60 g fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic (halved)
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 20 ml maple syrup
- 20 ml rapeseed oil
- 10 ml tamari soy sauce
- juice of half a lemon
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.Lay the courgette and red pepper on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, roast for 15-20 minutes and then drain on a paper towel.
- Create the dressing by placing the ginger, garlic and 1 tbsp. water into a blender and pulse to form a smooth paste.
- Add the almonds, vinegar, tamari soy sauce, maple syrup and oil and blend again.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until the consistency resembles runny houmous.
- Place the kale in a bowl and dress with the ginger and almond dressing.
- Add the cabbage, radish, quinoa, chickpeas, red onions and salt and pepper and toss well.
- Divide among two salad bowls, piling the mixture high. Top with the roasted courgette, roasted pepper and avocado.
- Toast the sesame seeds and flaked almonds in a dry pan for a few minutes and add to the salad.