- Highball glass
- 50 ml vodka
- 25 ml lemon juice
- tomato juice
- worchestershire sauce
- tabasco sauce
- black pepper
- ice cubes
- 1 olive
- 1 celery stick
- Pour several ice cubes into a long glass and pour over the vodka.
- Add the lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce.
- Top up the glass with tomato juice, and stir it all together.
- Then season to taste with salt and pepper
- Finally garnish with the olive and celery if desired.
Are Bloody Marys good for your stomach?
Whilst the tomato juice is quite healthy, and celery is too, the inclusion of the vodka in the recipe means it isn’t regarded as good for your stomach.
Best to enjoy the Bloody Mary for what it is – a tasty alcoholic drink.
Is it OK to drink Bloody Marys at night??
You can enjoy a Bloody Mary cocktail at any time of day, just make sure to enjoy them responsibly.
What vodka cocktails are best?
If you like a vodka cocktail like the Bloody Mary, we also have a roundup of our top ten cocktails with vodka, its not official, but we think you’ll find these cocktails are all worth trying.