The Brandy Alexander is a brandy-based cocktail and is rich and creamy due to the mixing of creme de cacao with single/light cream and an egg white.This is a variant of the Gin Alexander cocktail and is also garnished with freshly grated nutmeg, the only difference is the gin has been swapped for brandy.The first recipe for an Alexander cocktail appeared in the 1916 Recipe for Mixed Drinks book. It is believed that the drink was created in honour of Philadelphia player and Baseball Hall of Famer Grover Cleveland Alexander.
- coupe glass
- 45 ml brandy
- 22.5 ml creme de cacao
- 22.5 ml single/light cream
- grated nutmeg
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Pour in all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well for 30 seconds.
- Let it rest briefly, rest and shake well for another 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with some grated nutmeg.