- Highball glass
- 2 shots Bourbon whiskey
- 1 shot lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- ½ shot simple syrup
- soda water (to top)
- 1 lemon slice or orange slice (to garnish)
- 1 maraschino cherry (to garnish; optional)
- Fill the glass with some ice cubes.
- Pour the bourbon whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Stir all the ingredients together.
- Fill the rest of the glass with soda water.
- Garnish the drink with a lemon slice and a maraschino cherry.
What vodka cocktails are best?
If you like a vodka drink like the John Collins, we also have a roundup of our top ten cocktails with vodka, its not official, but we think you’ll find these cocktails are all worth trying.