A Lemon drop cocktail is a refreshing, vodka-based cocktail bringing together sweet and sour flavours.The Lemon drop cocktail was invented in one of the bars in San Francisco by Norman Jay Hobday who was inspired by a lemon drop candy.
- Cocktail glass
- 60 ml vodka
- 25 ml lemon juice
- 25 ml triple sec
- 25 ml simple syrup
- lemon sugar (for glass rim)
- 1 lemon wheel (for garnish)
- Dip the rim of the glass in sugar and set it aside.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, lemon juice, triple sec, and simple syrup. Shake well until chilled.
- Strain the liquid into the prepared glass, garnish it with a lemon wheel.
- Serve to the delight of your guests.
Is a lemon drop sweet?
A lemon drop does contain a bit of sweetness and a zing from the lemon juice. It cannot be called a sweet cocktail though.
Is a lemon drop keto?
A lemon drop is not keto as it contains sugar.
Is a lemon drop a girly drink?
A lemon drop can be equally enjoyed by both, men and women. It is sweet enough to be appealing to women, yet potent to be liked by men.
What vodka cocktails are best?
If you like a vodka drink like the Lemon Drop cocktail, we also have a roundup of our top ten cocktails with vodka, its not official, but we think you’ll find these cocktails are all worth trying.