- coupe glass
- 60 ml gin
- 30 ml lime juice
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- 5-7 mint leaves
- 1 mint leaf (to garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker, pour the lime juice and add the mint leaves.
- Muddle (lightly break) the leaves to release the juices.
- Add the gin, simple syrup and ice to the cocktail shaker and shake well until the mixture has chilled through.
- Strain the liquid into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
What are the best gin cocktails?
If you like a gin-based drink like this Southside cocktail we also have a roundup of the 10 best gin cocktails – it’s not official, but we think you’ll find the list quite inspiring!