- coupe glass
- 30 ml dry gin (Old Tom)
- 30 ml dry vermouth
- ½ tsp maraschino liqueur
- ¼ tsp absinthe
- 3 drops orange bitters
- 1 orange (or lemon) twist
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Chill a coupe glass. Rinse it with absinthe. Toss out excess liquid and keep aside.
- Mix gin, vermouth, absinthe, liqueur and orange bitters in a mixing glass filled with ice. Stir well until chilled.
- Strain the liquid into the waiting coupe glass.
- Garnish with the orange (or lemon) twist and a cherry.
What are the best gin cocktails?
If you like a gin cocktail like this Tuxedo cocktail we also have a roundup of the 10 best gin cocktails – it’s not official, but we think you’ll find the list quite inspiring!