The Brandy Manhattan is a variation of a classic Manhattan that uses brandy instead of whiskey whilst keeping the sweet vermouth and Angostura bitters. The drink is much sweeter than its famous whisky sibling.Other variations of the Brandy Manhattan include a Dry Brandy Manhattan with dry instead of sweet vermouth and the Perfect Brandy Manhattan with equal parts of dry and sweet vermouth.For the brandy lover, the Brandy Manhattan makes a great addition to your cocktail list.
- coupe glass
- 60 ml brandy
- 30 ml sweet vermouth
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- Pour in all the ingredients into a cocktail glass filled with ice, and stir vigorously.
- Strain the liquid into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
What’s the difference between an old fashioned and a Manhattan?
An Old Fashioned is made with whiskey (bourbon or rye), Angostura bitters, and sugar; the classic Manhattan is traditionally made with rye whiskey and substitutes sweet vermouth for the sugar, and this Brandy Manhattan uses brandy instead of rye whiskey.