- coupe glass
- 60 ml brandy
- 30 ml sweet vermouth
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- Pour in all the ingredients into a cocktail glass filled with ice, and stir vigorously.
- Strain the liquid into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
What’s the difference between an old fashioned and a Manhattan?
An Old Fashioned is made with whiskey (bourbon or rye), Angostura bitters, and sugar; the classic Manhattan is traditionally made with rye whiskey and substitutes sweet vermouth for the sugar, and this Brandy Manhattan uses brandy instead of rye whiskey.