- Old Fashioned glass
- 50 ml Pisco
- 30 ml lime juice
- 25 ml sugar syrup
- 1 egg white
- 2 drops Angostura bitters
- 1 lime slice (to garnish; optional)
- Mix Pisco, lime juice, simple syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker with no ice. Shake for 20 seconds.
- Add ice and shake again for another 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled old-fashioned glass.
- Add a few drops of bitters and garnish with a lime slice.
What makes a Pisco Sour cocktail sour?
Sours are traditionally mixed drinks that comprise a liqueur, lemon or lime juice and a sweetener such as simple syrup.