- Old Fashioned glass
- 60 ml gin
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml simple syrup
- 15 ml egg white (optional)
- lemon slice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters (optional)
- Pour in all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice (dry shake first if using the egg white; add ice cubes after). Shake well for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with bitters and a lemon slice.
What are the best gin cocktails?
If you like a gin cocktail like this Gin Sour we also have a roundup of the 10 best gin cocktails – it’s not official, but we think you’ll find the list quite inspiring!