- Old Fashioned glass
- 60 ml amaretto
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 15 ml egg white
- 1 lemon wedge (to garnish)
- 1 maraschino cherry on a skewer (to garnish)
- Mix amaretto, lemon juice and egg white in a cocktail shaker with no ice.
- Shake hard and at high speed for 20 seconds.
- Add some ice to the cocktail shaker to make it ¾ full. Shake well for another 20 seconds.
- Strain the liquid into the old fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Add a dash of bitters.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and a maraschino cherry on a skewer.
What makes an Amaretto sour cocktail sour?
Sours are traditionally mixed drinks that comprise a liqueur, lemon or lime juice and a sweetener such as simple syrup.
What are some popular sour cocktails?
What type of drink is Amaretto?
Amaretto is a liqueur with almond flavour that is made from apricot kernels, peach stones and / or almonds.